Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Let me let you in on a secret

I've had several people comment on how many things I do: how many pots I've got fingers in, how many concerts I go to, how much I travel; and ask how I am able to do it with my health being what it is.

Well, here's the inside scoop: I do what I can, if I can, while I can. If an opportunity arises, I take it. If I want something, I go after it. If I dream up something, I make it reality. I'm not promised tomorrow, and neither are you, so let's put everything we have into today.

As far are the pots my fingers are in: I've actually slowed down A LOT from how I used to be. I only work 12-20 hours a week, and even then kids are napping or I'm watching them play soccer or piano, while I sit around. This is prime opportunity to Tweet, Facebook, or read/write blogs/etc. on my phone. Sometimes I even visit the archaic practice of reading a library book!

When I'm not working, I'm probably having my body manipulated by a phyical therapist, while I sit; waiting for a doctor (what I'm doing right now, actually!), while I sit; getting an IV or blood, while I sit; or in bed, where I'm probably not sitting. While I'm sitting/lying I'm free to entertain my fancies through the internet, or draw, or write in my journal. So that's really why I'm involved in so many things: I've got nothing better to do and I like having things to do!

Concerts: I have friends that are musicians and put me on their guest lists. I used to go to live shows 1-3 times a week. Now I go to 1-3 a month. I just love music and it's cheap and abundant in The Bay Area.

Travel: I am great at finding great travel deals and I stay with people I know. You'd be surprised how little I actually spend when I travel. Also, you wouldn't believe how much money you can save on vacation if you just eat almonds the whole time!

How do I do all this with my health: I sleep 9-12 hours a day!

So, there you have it... "I'm gonna give all my secrets away."

No comments:

Post a Comment